About the course
Welcome, undergraduates! This online course will enable you to learn about accessing useful information to achieve academic success with Libraries’ collections, services, and facilities.
In this online course, you will learn to:
- Distinguish between scholarly and non-scholarly sources
- Discover scholarly sources
- via ReadingList@HKUL, Find@HKUL, databases and Google Scholar
- with tips and tools to facilitate access
- by building an effective search query
Evaluate the sources Recognize the importance of academic honesty and learn about related tools Recognize various library resources which support learning and examination preparation
How to enroll
- Go to https://learning.hku.hk/catalog/course/ilt04/
- Click “Go to course”
- Log in with your HKU PORTAL account
- Click “Enroll now”
- Check if the message “You are enrolled in this course” appears
- Click “Start Course” to start learning
e-Certificate is available!
You can now get an e-Certificate upon completion of all quizzes with a 70% passing rate! Note that you only have one attempt to answer each question, so you better go through all course materials before taking the quizzes. Once you reach the overall 70% passing rate, the certificate will be available in the online platform.
Access the e-Certificate:
- Your Dashboard (top right-hand corner
- > ILT04 eLearning@HKUL: Library Essentials for Undergraduate Students
- > View Certificate
- ILT04 eLearning@HKUL: Library Essentials for Undergraduate Students
- > Progress
- > A message “Your certificate is available” will be shown under “Course Progress for Student xxxxx”.
- > Click “View Certificate”
Print a PDF certificate:
- Click Print Certificate
- Set Margins to None, enable background graphics
Technical Issues – TELI
Content Issues – HKU Libraries
No Reviews found for this course.